Download the 2018 Club Events Calendar in Excel spreadsheet format:
(Last updated 08 January 2018)
2018-04 Rifle Training Course (Beginner & Intermediate)
April 21 @ 08:00 - 17:00R200
IPSC Rifle Training Course for Beginner and Intermediate shooters
This training course will be presented by Andre du Toit. Andre is the top performing rifle shooter from South Africa at the recent 2017 IPSC Rifle World Champs held in Russia. At this event, Andre achieved 31st overall position, and was awarded a worldwide “A” ranking. Andre also won the most recent National Champs in February 2018.
A maximum of 12 slots available! Cost is R200, and includes training materials, and your meat braai-pack for the debrief/social braai afterwards. This course is most advantageous to Beginner and Intermediate shooters, ideally shooting in OPEN division.
The objective of this training course is to teach you the basics of IPSC Rifle rules (and how it differs from Handgun rules), to help you make informed choices when buying equipment for the purpose of competition shooting, to suggest some exercises that will improve all your shooting, provide you with insights on reloading 223 caliber, and ultimately prepare you for participating in level 2 and level 3 matches.
This training will cover equipment, ammunition, shooting techniques, match preparation, training techniques and more, and will be most beneficial to beginner and intermediate shooters. Its a whole day training event, starting early morning till about 2pm, with a social Braai afterwards.
- Rifle and about 150 rounds of ammo *
- Range gear, and all shooting equipment
- Drinks and snacks
- A “cold one” to drink at the braai afterwards (Your braai pack is included in your entry fee)
* We will probably use less ammo, but bring the quantities above along just to be safe.
Once you have pre-registered for the event using the form below, you will receive an email with payment instructions. Please make payment immediately in order to confirm your slot.
- Doreen Louw (PAID thank you!)
- Herman Putter (PAID thank you!)
- Shaun Putter (PAID thank you!)
- Chris Shadwell (PAID thank you!)
- Oliver Von Veh (PAID thank you!)
- Wanda Zama (PAID thank you!)
- Dion Stead (PAID thank you!)
- Eugene Louw (PAID thank you!)
- Deon Barnard (PAID thank you!)
- Neil Smit (PAID thank you!)
- Morne Moore (PAID thank you!)
(Last updated: 14 April 2018 08:51)
Before registering, this is REQUIRED!!!
- MUST be a paid-up SAPSA member! (Yes, please pay your 2018/2019 membership fees!!)
- MUST have passed safety training and vetting (if not at Vektor Club, you have to provide details of the safety officer that vetted you at another club)
- MUST have your own Rifle, and Ammunition
- Preferably have participated in at least 2x (or more) Rifle Club Shoots
Club Shoots are FREE of charge for Vektor club members who pre-registered on vektor.co.za before 17:00 on the Friday before the event. R50 for members who did not pre-register, and R150 for visitors. Visitors contact us first to book. Sign the register BEFORE 09:00. You will not be allowed to shoot if you arrive late.
Eye and hearing protection is mandatory.